Academic course 2018-2019 schedule and planning details of the Superior Conservatory of Music in Sevilla’s recorder class.
Students must elaborate a recital program including the list of works to be performed during the academic course, according to the subject’s established criteria and requisites as specified on the recorder class’ official program. Deadline is third week of November, 2018. Information will be sent via an online form.
2. Technique exams will take place on the following dates:
- November 29 and December 5, 2018, within normal lessons’ time
- March 13 and 14, 2019, within normal lessons’ time
- May 8 and 9, 2019, within normal lessons’ time
3. Monthly student public concerts
One of the main goals of the Superior Conservatory of Music in Sevilla’s recorder class is to publicly perform once a month, for which a thematic public concert is scheduled every month. Here’s the list of dates & subjects for the academic course 2018-2019:
- October 29, 2018: solo
- November 23, 2018 : 17th c. music
- December 14, 2018 : French Baroque music
- January 18, 2019 : 18th c. music & free subject
- February 8, 2019 : 16th c. music
- April 26, 2019 : 14th & 15th c. music
- May 31, 2019 : final individual recitals
- Concert venue: student concerts will always take place on room 6, and always on Friday evenings.
- Program design: all necessary information (composers details, program notes, accompanying musicians, etc) will be filled in trough an online form that will be sent via email. See some program examples in the downloads page).
- Programme notes: recorder students are required to write short programme notes (maximum 70 words) including the most remarkable aspects about the piece to be performed.
4. Research work
Reading, studying and getting to know the main specialized early music and recorder bibliography is essential to achieve a complete and meaningful training that will allow recorder students to develop attractive, interesting & innovative future musical projects.
For the last two academic courses we have substituted the traditional paper work for the open publication of articles on this website. Since these articles are openly published and freely accessible, they’re proving to be of tremendous help for the dissemination of knowledge and visibility, and at the same time allowing them to benefit from all kind of multimedia content (photos, audio, video, etc.). Deadlines are:
- First article: the first article must be published on this website before December 19, 2018
- Second article: the second article must be published on this website before May 1, 2019
5. Recorder consort
The Superior Conservatory of Music in Sevilla’s recorder class is lucky to count on a stunning set of professional recorder consort instruments built by legendary maker Bob Marvin, which are used every week in the consort lessons, providing students with all the necessary tools for a significant, serious work on the rich consort repertoire of the 15th-17th centuries. Consort repertoire will be performed at the public student concerts of February & April.
6. Schedule of former academic courses
The schedule of former academic courses and other planning details can be consulted on the following links (in Spanish):